You’re starting up another analytics project or initiative for your company. You recruit top talent for your team. They produce great technical work that you’re excited about.
And the excitement ends there. No one uses it. The expected value and return is not realized.
Unfortunately, this is the harsh reality that most companies face today.
But according to Dustin Schimek, Data Analytics Leader and Former Director of Strategy & Analytics at The Master Lock Company, there’s a better way — a way for your analytics projects to “live up to their hype”.
In this episode, Dustin joins us to share his approach to driving engagement, adoption, and tangible impact with analytics projects.
We also dive deeper into:
- Dustin’s career journey
- How to get ahead in your career
- How to communicate more effectively using the 80/20 rule
- A day in the life of a Director of Strategy & Analytics
- How to run a successful analytics project
- How building a relationship with the user is key to adoption
- How to measure the success of an analytics project
- The power of personal examples in overcoming technical barriers
- Enabling business users with data
- How to cultivate a real culture of analytics
- The importance of creating a safe environment for analysts to be creative
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Leading with Data in your favorite podcast player.