Most businesses today are sitting atop an untapped mine of data, and they need a skilled workforce to uncover the real gold.
Enter the Data Scientist. The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century.
The demand for this role has increased rapidly — gaining significant traction across industries. The spotlight has caused many to wonder “Can I be a data scientist?” What are the skills I would need?”
He’s a thought leader in the Data Science space with over a decade of education, experience, and technical chops in the field. By day, he’s working with leadership to define and execute strategies that demonstrate the value of the data at Comet. By night, he’s mentoring and providing technical guidance to nearly 2000 up-and-coming data scientists.
Harpreet is on a mission to help develop today’s data scientists — and not just their technical skills. But their creativity, critical thinking, and ability to actually think like a scientist.
In this episode, he shares his advice for emerging data scientists as well as analytics leaders looking to build their first data team.
We cover a variety of topics including:
- Harpreet’s career journey & aspirations
- Why Harpreet started a podcast
- The evolution & future of data science
- The right way to build a data team
- How to hire data scientists
- The 3 things you need to do as a data scientist
- What skills make for a good data scientist
- Technological advances in the field
Check out these resources mentioned in the show:
- Register for a Data Science Happy Hour
- Listen to The Artists of Data Science Podcast
- Connect with Harpreet on LinkedIn
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Leading with Data in your favorite podcast player.