In this episode, Cassidy speaks with Lillian Pierson, a world-class data leader, entrepreneur, and educator, and the CEO of Data Mania. They discuss different approaches data professionals can take to become data entrepreneurs and how data science has evolved over the years.
Lillian has trained over 1 million data professionals through her YouTube videos, online courses, and books. She’s particularly passionate about helping data professionals and new data entrepreneurs start their own business. As an independent consultant, she has supported over 10% of Fortune 100 companies and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fortune, National Geographic, Washington Post, Christian Science Monitor, and The Guardian, among dozens of other publications.
- Lillian’s journey building an online business around data education
- Avenues for becoming a data entrepreneur
- Defining your audience in the data & analytics space
- Data science career trajectories
- Lillian’s 2 methods to start a side hustle
- Approaching data as a product versus a supply chain
- The case for creating data products
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Leading with Data in your favorite podcast player.