Are you a runner if you spend a ton on running gear, only to run 10 miles at the end of every quarter?
Probably not, right?
So, why do so many companies claim to be data-driven, when they do the exact same thing with their data?
We need to improve our data cultures — and we do it with storytelling.
In this episode, the tables are turned as Kate Strachnyi, Founder of DATAcated, interviews our very own Nate Nichols, Chief Scientist, and Cassidy Shield, VP of Marketing at Narrative Science, about how to get a real data culture going in your organization.
What we talked about:
- The 3 components of data storytelling
- Why stories are how our species understands insights
- Why today’s technology leaves too much room for interpretation
- How we create a stronger, data-driven culture
- How to tell a data story to a business executive
- How Lexio works and its use cases
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Leading with Data in your favorite podcast player.