Data quality is rarely considered sexy. But when it comes to all the cool marketing stuff your company wants to do, it should be.
Accurate and actionable data unlock your organization’s true marketing potential.
That’s one of the key insights Darrell Alfonso, Global Marketing Operations Manager at Amazon Web Services, brings into today’s episode on how marketing data can make a real difference in your organization.
Named one of the “Top Martech Marketers to Follow” 2020 by Martech Alliance, Darrell writes about marketing and how to improve your work and your life.
Darrell has worked at startups, mid-sized companies, and nonprofits. He’s come to realize that it’s about the people, not the platforms – but it’s best to keep your eyes on both.
In his current role as Global Marketing Operations Manager at Amazon (AWS), Darrell empowers hundreds of marketers to create exceptional digital experiences for their customers.
What we talked about:
- Working from home & the effect on inclusivity
- Why you need a niche, particularly a technical one
- The evolution of marketing automation
- The difference between marketing automation & marketing operations
- Why strategy always comes before technology
- Why marketers are increasingly innovating tools themselves
- Data quality should be a sexier topic
- How to bridge the data gap between leadership & the teams executing
- The value of simplification for communicating technical information
- How to craft content that resonates with your audience
- Why it pays to figure out best practices for yourself
Check out this resource we mentioned during the podcast:
- “The Practice” – Seth Godin