One 10-minute Daily Activity can Change your Entire Career
By: Nate Nichols
How to use data storytelling
Imagine a world where:
- Everyone in your organization understands and tracks the data and metrics that are most important to them and to their role.
- Decisions are better because they’re made by your people’s expertise and judgment, informed by a deep understanding of the data.
- The requirement for understanding and using the data on your company isn’t a master’s in data science or training of a business intelligence tool; it’s just the ability to read.
- Your people are happier because they’re not fighting with spreadsheets and dashboards. They’re learning about the business the way humans learn best: through language and stories.
- Your people are more productive because they’re not doing fire drills when their boss’s boss’s boss wants to know why a number is the way it is.
- People are no longer cherry-picking data to manipulate it for their needs. Instead, there is a shared, organization-wide understanding of what the data is telling you.
- Success is celebrated publicly, and issues are addressed concretely and productively.
- You’re not watching some of your best people become bored or burnt out writing weekly reports for senior management who can’t or won’t understand the dashboards that you have gone to great expense to create.
- You’re not stopping business throughout the week to get everyone in a room to look at a deck full of charts, graphs, and key performance indicators.
If you’re like most organizations, what I just described probably seems far-fetched, even magical. And you’re half right. It is magical, but it’s not far-fetched. It’s real.
It’s Lexio, the data storytelling product from Narrative Science.
Lexio is like a personalized news feed full of relevant stories about your business and your data, written by artificial intelligence and personalized for each employee in your organization. Every morning and throughout the day, Lexio is writing, curating, and delivering the most relevant, the most important, and the most impactful stories to everyone in your company.
Ten minutes, every day
That’s how much time we need with each of your employees. Ten minutes on the train, or at their desks, or waiting in line for coffee. Ten minutes a day with Lexio will make your people more aligned, more empowered, and better equipped to make decisions that are both good for them and good for your business.
If you don’t believe me, test it out for yourself. Try it for 10 minutes a day for just two weeks—and then let me know what you think. Feel free to reach out to me on LinkedIn.
Follow Our Story
Like the what you read here? Share your email to get blog alerts for more content like this.